Monday, November 4, 2013

GOODREADS Choice Awards 2013 - Opening


Hooray! The Goodreads Choice Awards 2013 is here!

The Very Bookish Event

The event is an awards show type of thing that happens once a year where readers vote for their favorite nominated book in any and every one of the categories.

This year, there are twenty (20) categories: Fiction, Mystery & Thriller, Historical Fiction, Fantasy, Paranormal Fantasy, Science Fiction, Romance, Horror, Memoir & Autobiography... *breathes* History & Biography, Nonfiction, Food & Cookbooks, Humor, Graphic Novels & Comics, Poetry, Debut Goodreads Author, Young Adult Fiction, Young Adult Fantasy & Science Fiction, Middle Grade & Children's, and Picture Books.

Wow, what a list! And the voting schedule is as shown below:
November 4 - 9                 Opening Round
November 11 - 16             Semifinal Round
November 18 - 25             Final Round

This is my first time participating because I didn't know it existed (my life was sad before Goodreads).
I'm extremely glad and proud that stuff like this exists in the bookish community.~

However... it makes me feel like I don't read enough?
I go into most of the categories and am like, "I HAVEN'T READ ANY OF THESE AWESOME BOOKS WHAT AM I DOING WITH MY LIFE?!?!"
I truly want to cry a little.
Some of the books I recognize and have originally had interest in them but never got the chance to add them to my TBR list. And it seems that my list is so full already (I call it virtually clutter, and having claustrophobia, this does not bode well for me).
But. But but BUT! I have decided that I will add at least one book from each of the categories to my TBR, maybe even more than that from the categories like Middle Grade & Children's, and Picture Books.

Which books did I vote for (so far) during the Opening Round?


And when I got to a Certain Category, I could no longer complain that I "don't know any of these titles!" because six of them are favorites.
This was the hardest decision I had yet to make this week...

For which title will you be rooting?



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...